It’s been a while since I have updated.
First the truck. I’ve been driving it around town when I get a chance, which sadly isn’t that often. There is several bugs to work out. The first and most major issue is the brakes. The manual master cylinder I went with was a 1.125″ bore Strange unit. It’s too large. I need to downsize it to a 7/8″ bore for more braking pressure. The second issue is the transmission doesn’t want to shift into fourth gear. The shift solenoid has failed. So I am going to replace all the solenoids in the transmission. There is also an annoying leak from the ICT aluminum water pump spacers. They are the initial design that used orings. The new ones now use a traditional gasket. So I will be replacing those also.
I did not get a chance to complete the tune since I got very sick and was bedridden for about seven to eight weeks due to my cancer treatment. So unfortunately, that means I have to wait till spring. The drag radials do not like cold weather. Anything under about 40 degrees and it’s silly easy to spin the tires.