Raspberry Pi 3 Dash Version 2.0 Build Wiki
**UNDER CONSTRUCTION**Table of Contents
- Project Overview
- Parts/Materials Listing
- Hardware Specifications
- Software and Firmware
- Programming and Software Customization
- Optional Equipment and Additions
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 7″ Touchscreen Display
- DIYAutotune Megasquirt MS3x Standalone
- Mauseberry 3 Amp Intelligent Sense Power Supply/Switch
- SunFounder DS3231 RTC Real Time Clock Module
- ADXL345 Triple Axis Accelerometer
- Markham123 Sd-micro Sd Card Extender Cable 48cm
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837 (roughly 50% faster than the Pi 2)
- CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz.
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM.
- USB ports: 4.
- Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0.
- 800×480 RGB LCD display
- 24 bit colour
- Industrial quality, 140 degree viewing angle horizontal, 130 degree vertical
- 10 point multi-touch touchscreen
- PWM backlight control and power control over I2C interface
- Metal framed back with mounting points for Raspberry pi display conversion board and Raspberry Pi
- Blacklight lifetime: 20000 hours
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 degrees centigrade
- Storage temperature: -30 to +80 degrees centigrade
- Contrast ratio: 500
- Average brightness: 250 cd/m2
- Viewing angle (degrees): Top – 50, Bottom – 70, Left – 70, Right – 70
- Outer dimensions: 192.96 x 112.76mm
- Viewable area: 154.08 x 85.92mm
From their website – 3amp car supply which senses your ignition and safely shuts down the Pi / Pi 2 / Pi 3 when your car turns off. This unit comes with two USB ports (next to each other, not stacked) which are switched simultaneously. The unit communicates with the Pi over two GPIO wires and uses an easy to install script on the Pi. You must wire the unit to your battery and switched 12V source (ignition). Comes with 18inches of ground and power wire (18gauge).Link to product – http://www.mausberrycircuits.com/collections/car-power-supply-switches/products/3a-car-supply-switch
SunFounder DS3231 RTC Real Time Clock Module Specifications♦ Accuracy ±2ppm from 0°C to +40°C ♦ Accuracy ±3.5ppm from -40°C to +85°C ♦ Battery Backup Input for Continuous Timekeeping ♦ Operating Temperature Ranges – Commercial: 0°C to +70°C , Industrial: -40°C to +85°C ♦ Low-Power Consumption ♦ Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes,Hours, Day, Date, Month, and Year with Leap Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100 ♦ Two Time-of-Day Alarms ♦ Programmable Square-Wave Output ♦ Fast (400kHz) I2C Interface ♦ 3.3V Operation ♦ Digital Temp Sensor Output: ±3°C Accuracy ♦ Register for Aging Trim ♦ RST Input/Output ♦ UL Recognized DS3231 Pin Functions
- 32KHZ – 32kHz Output. This open-drain pin requires an external pullup resistor. It may be left open if not used.
- VCC – DC Power Pin for Primary Power Supply. This pin should be decoupled using a 0.1µF to 1.0µF capacitor. If not used, connect to ground.
- INT/SQW – ctive-Low Interrupt or Square-Wave Output. This open-drain pin requires an external pullup resistor. It may be left open if not used. This multifunction pin is determined by the state of the INTCN bit in the Control Register (0Eh). When INTCN is set to logic 0, this pin outputs a square wave and its frequency is determined by RS2 and RS1 bits. When INTCN is set to logic 1, then a match between the timekeeping registers and either of the alarm registers activates the INT/SQW pin (if the alarm is enabled). Because the INTCN bit is set to logic 1 when power is first applied, the pin defaults to an interrupt output with alarms disabled.
- RST – Active-Low Reset. This pin is an open-drain input/output. It indicates the status of VCC relative to the VPF specification. As VCC falls below VPF, the RST pin is driven low. When VCC exceeds VPF, for tRST, the RST pin is driven high impedance. The active-low, open-drain output is combined with a debounced pushbutton input function. This pin can be activated by a pushbutton reset request. It has an internal 50kΩ nominal value pullup resistor to VCC. No external pullup resistors should be connected. If the crystal oscillator is disabled, the startup time of the oscillator is added to the tRST delay.
- N.C. – No Connection. Must be connected to ground.
- GND – ground
- VBAT – Backup Power-Supply Input. This pin should be decoupled using a 0.1µF to 1.0µF low-leakage capacitor.If the I2C interface is inactive whenever the device is powered by the VBAT input, the decoupling capacitor is not required. If VBAT is not used, connect to ground. UL recognized to ensure against reverse charging when used with a lithium battery.
- SDA – Serial Data Input/Output. This pin is the data input/output for the I2C serial interface. This open-drain pin requires an external pullup resistor.
- SCL – Serial Clock Input. This pin is the clock input for the I2C serial interface and is used to synchronize data movement on the serial interface.
ADXL345 Triple Axis Accelerometer
- Ultralow power: as low as 23 µA in measurement mode and 0.1 µA in standby mode at VS = 2.5 V (typical)
- Power consumption scales automatically with bandwidth
- User-selectable resolution up to 13-bit at ±16 g (maintaining 4 mg/LSB scale factor in all g ranges)
- Free-fall detection
- Module supply voltage range: 4.0 V to 6 V
- I/O voltage range: 1.7 V to 3.6V
- SPI (3- and 4-wire) and I2
- Wide temperature range (−40°C to +85°C)
- High G shock survival
- Small and thin: 3 mm x 5 mm x 1 mm
Markham123 Sd-micro Sd Card Extender Cable 48cm
- Length : 48cm
- SD slot end 36*29*3.8mm+FFC cable + SD32 * 24 * 2.0mm
- Support for all products need to use a memory card SD / SDHC / MMC / RS-MMC/Micro SD/TF,etc
Software Raspbian OS
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your Raspberry Pi run. However, Raspbian provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.
The initial build of over 35,000 Raspbian packages, optimized for best performance on the Raspberry Pi, was completed in June of 2012. However, Raspbian is still under active development with an emphasis on improving the stability and performance of as many Debian packages as possible.
Note: Raspbian is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. Raspbian was created by a small, dedicated team of developers that are fans of the Raspberry Pi hardware, the educational goals of the Raspberry Pi Foundation and, of course, the Debian Project.EFI Analytics Tuner Studio MS The premiere tuning software for all variants of Megasquirt standalones is EFI Analytics Tuner Studio. It features VE Live Tuning, Difference Reports, 3d and Table based maps, feature rich, customizable dashboards for either your laptop or other device. It also comes with a feature rich log viewer, Mega Log Viewer. Link to download