Power steering pump sourced

After searching and ordering multiple pumps, I finally found one that appears as if it will work. It’s off of a 97′ 2.4 liter Dodge Neon, as is the pulley. I will however have to convert the pressure side to a 16×1.5mm banjo bolt, and will need to fabricate the inlet fitting to connect it to the remote reservoir. In the photos you see the factory 3.9 liter pressure hose bolted to it, it will however not work as the Neon used a longer fitting of the same thread pitch. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Headers have arrived

The headers I ordered have arrived, they are intended for a late model four weel drive Chevy truck. They fit like a glove, with literally not much room at all to spare. I am pretty pleased with the way they fit, though I wish they had typical 3″ collectors, though if they were such equipped they might not actually fit. They are intended as direct replacements for the factory restrictive manifolds and as such have a 2″ collector. Which despite not being optimal, will be sufficient for now as this engine is mostly stock. However, when the new engine is installed, these will be replaced with a custom built set using 1 7/8″ primaries and 3.5″ collectors.

Read more

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

More goodies have arrived

More parts have arrived today. This will get me almost ready to fire the engine for the first time. I still need to change the engine harness and swap over to all weatherpack style connections as well as wire up the factory gauges and remote coil HEI ignition system. It won’t be long now.

Read more

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Found a fuel cell

I just scored a brand new 12 gallon pro-street style plastic fuel cell with a drop sump, and 2 -8AN  outlets, and 2 -8AN returns and vent. It also came with a GM 90ohm fuel sender, which will have to be replaced with the Chrysler sending unit, but that’s no big deal. It even came with the brand new mounting kit for $100. It will be mounted in the rear of the bed with the feed lines dropping through the bed down to the filter/pump. The stock tank is being removed, as are all the steel lines. That will give me plenty of room to route my exhaust as well.
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
1 76 77 78 79 80 82