I should have updated this two months ago when I did it, but work and other things have kept me busy. The headliner is done and installed, as are the recovered visors and all the hardware has been color matched. No more ugly grey headliner! Read more
I just scored a brand new 12 gallon pro-street style plastic fuel cell with a drop sump, and 2 -8AN outlets, and 2 -8AN returns and vent. It also came with a GM 90ohm fuel sender, which will have to be replaced with the Chrysler sending unit, but that’s no big deal. It even came with the brand new mounting kit for $100. It will be mounted in the rear of the bed with the feed lines dropping through the bed down to the filter/pump. The stock tank is being removed, as are all the steel lines. That will give me plenty of room to route my exhaust as well.
Got even more accomplished today, tinted the side windows with 5% tint (it’s pretty dark), completely reassembled the doors, including the inner door panels. They now both close with a reassuring smooth thump and seal nice and tight and sit flush. I also did some light respraying of the passengers side door jamb, to fix some primer overspray and some nicks. Read more
Spent the afternoon putting the truck back together. I reassembled the window regulators, installed the latches and exterior handles, as well as all the weatherstripping. I also installed the headlights and parking lamp lenses. I painted the wiper arms as they were faded, and reinstalled them with new wiper blades, as well as reinstalling the windshield trim and seals. Read more
Haven’t had time lately to get much done on Project Sublime, but I have decided to switch to a TH350 transmission instead of the 4L60E trans. The deciding factor was I wasn’t willing to dump 1,800 in to it to make it stout enough down the road when the new engine is built. For now the Th350 will be more than up to the task with a few minor upgrades, and in the future once the power steps up, I will switch it out for a TH400.