It’s starting to look like a truck again!

The new drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk pads are installed. Now I just need to get the brake hose brackets back from powdercoat and the front brakes will be entirely finished. I still need to install front shocks and the entire front suspension will be finished as well. I have ordered 3″ drop leafs from Belltech to bring the back end down. I still need my shocks for the rear as well. The slide-a-links can wait till it’s driveable. I also installed the bed mounted battery and re-installed the rest of the exhaust. It’s good to have it running again! It’s also nice to have almost all the lights out on the dash and everything operating properly. The only light that’s remaining is the SEL, but, that’s to be expected with over 34 trouble codes currently being stored in the factory pcm. lol I will most likely end up simply removing the bulb. Another issue that needs handled is the engine limiters, I have found a setup that utilizes the blocks mounting locations and uses adjustable rod ends. I am working on a mid-mount setup using DOM tubing. I’m also looking to swap out the pinion yoke on the differential to a typical yoke style, versus the bolt-on flange style. I’m souring a 3″ Denny’s shaft and 1310 joints. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Check out that backside

$T2eC16hHJG!E9nm3sBtZBRQLQ!dQi!~~60_57

Now to find one local..

I’ve settled on the next phase of Project Sublime, that is the rear suspension. Instead of going with a traditional 4 link, or ladder bar setup. I have decided to go with a C4 Corvette IRS swap. Adding IRS will truly make an incredible difference in how the truck handles. Plus, the availability of aftermarket parts means if I want to upgrade down the road, it will be fairly easy.  Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

How to ship a Vega

cid_7B198BCF73A940A88E86D9F3249EF556UserPC_zpsec7dd30c Until the early 1960s, automobiles moved by rail were carried in boxcars. These were 50 feet long with double-wide doors.Inside was room for four full-sized sedans on a two-tier rack – two raised up off the floor on a steel rack and two others tucked in underneath them.This protected the cars during transport but wasn’t very efficient, as the weight of four vehicles was far less than the maximum weight a boxcar that size could carry. When 85-foot and 89-foot flatcars came into service, it was possible to pack a total of fifteen automobiles in one car on tri-level auto racks. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
1 35 36 37 38 39 83