Got around to finishing the passenger’s side intercooler support. Still need to finish welding it and clean up one or two welds. But, it’s solid and should have no issues holding an intercooler full of water. Read more
Fabbed up the driver’s side intercooler support today. Now to do the other side! First started with cutting two short pieces of square tube stock, then drilling a .500″ hole in each one. Read more
Both my 44mm VS Racing wastegates showed up as well as my 50mm VS Racing blow off valve. They appear to be pretty solid quality and the machine work is pretty good. Better than many of the other eBay gates and bovs. These have great reviews and guys like Matt Hapel over at Sloppy Mechanics use them regularly with great results. So we’ll see how they do. If I’m not happy with them I can always upgrade to a Tial or Turbosmart gates and bov. Each wastegate comes with two additional springs, correct V band clamps for both the exhaust side and the output side. As well as an additional adapter to the smaller 38mm (I believe?) sized mount. They also include the water fittings if you desire to water cool your gates, I will not. Also included is the fittings for the upper and lower pressure connections. Which I may not use as I am using co2 to control the gates. The blow off valve is a 55mm unit, and also comes with a nice v band clamp and aluminum mount to weld to your intake tube.
I am getting to the part of the build where I am starting to look at the engine upgrades. I will be replacing the rods and pistons with forged pieces but keeping the stock crank.
- Block – Stock Gen 3 5.3, bored to 3.800″
- Crank – Stock Gen 3 5.3 crankshaft
- Rods – To be determined (Looking at Compstar or Molnar rods)
- Pistons – Wiseco (Custom made for LJMS), 3.800″ bore, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 2.8mm, XX steel nitride top/napier second rings. Also includes upgraded Tool Steel .200″ wall S718 pins. 1.300″ Compression Height, 3.622″ Stroke, 6.125″ Rod
- Camshaft – Custom Grind from LJMS to be determined
- Lifters – Comp Cam 850 lifters .842” Diameter, 122g Weight, 2.66” Seat Height
- Pushrods – Comp Cam 3/8″ Chromoly Pushrods
- Rockers – Stock Rockers with Comp Cam trunion upgrade kit
- Oil Pump – Melling High Volume pump
- Timing Set – Stock GM Cam and Crank gears with C5R chain
- Head Gaskets – Stock LS9 head gaskets .051″ compressed thickness
- Head Studs – ARP 234-4110 Head Studs