The new drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk pads are installed. Now I just need to get the brake hose brackets back from powdercoat and the front brakes will be entirely finished. I still need to install front shocks and the entire front suspension will be finished as well. I have ordered 3″ drop leafs from Belltech to bring the back end down. I still need my shocks for the rear as well. The slide-a-links can wait till it’s driveable.
I also installed the bed mounted battery and re-installed the rest of the exhaust. It’s good to have it running again! It’s also nice to have almost all the lights out on the dash and everything operating properly. The only light that’s remaining is the SEL, but, that’s to be expected with over 34 trouble codes currently being stored in the factory pcm. lol I will most likely end up simply removing the bulb.
Another issue that needs handled is the engine limiters, I have found a setup that utilizes the blocks mounting locations and uses adjustable rod ends. I am working on a mid-mount setup using DOM tubing.
I’m also looking to swap out the pinion yoke on the differential to a typical yoke style, versus the bolt-on flange style. I’m souring a 3″ Denny’s shaft and 1310 joints.
I have also gotten the new front bumper cover. I went with the smooth version with the cutout fog light holes. I choose smooth versus textured as I plan on painting it body color, and I chose the fog light option so I can use the openings as air intakes for the front brake cooling ducts. I have also ordered a new front grille as the current one has some imperfections and stripped out mounting hole locations. Last but not least I have ordered some one piece smoked headlight assemblies to replace the factory 2 piece units. I think they will blend well with the rest of the black on the truck.
The sagging you see in the above photo is because I don’t have the front bumper outer mounting brackets installed at the moment.