Scored me a deal last night

I’ve been needing to add some tool storage room to the shop for some time. But, I haven’t felt the need to spend several grand on a Mac or Snap On box. So I have been watching Sears for a while, and this weekend, they had a online only sale. I found this ‘glide’ 14 drawer bottom box for $386, so I pulled the trigger yesterday, only to find two hours later the price had dropped an additional $40 to $346. After contacting them, they agreed to refund me the difference. After checking their website this morning to see if the price had dropped even further, I find the price is now $519 on ‘sale’ for $467. For once I think I actually lucked out on a sale. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Chasing down a miss

Spent the evening after getting off of work, working on the Cavalier. I swapped out the fuel injectors for known good pieces, and cleaned the upper plenum and throttle body. I also replaced the MAP sensor with a known good piece. The miss is still present. I believe the miss is being made more apparent by the worn upper motor mount on the passengers side, however, it still bothers me that I have not been able to track down the source. I am getting no DTC’s and all live Data appears within parameters. Out of frustration I pulled the valve cover, and checked valve lash hot. All was within specification. However, while running the engine with the valve cover removed. It became apparent that the sound was not coming from the rockers. To my ear, it is either one of two things. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Busy three day weekend!

Got quite a bit done in the shop yesterday. I installed a new fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel tank straps into the Cavalier. She fired right up. Then I turned my attention to the crappy head unit they had installed, using the term installed loosely. It was in the dash, but not hooked up. The reason it wasn’t hooked up was because instead of using the correct factory plug-n-play adapter, they chopped off the harness. Frustrating! After patching the wires properly and installing the new head unit (just a Kenwood KDC-248U), I HAVE MUSIC!  Now I need to upgrade the 4×6’s in the doors and the 6×9’s in the rear deck. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
1 4 5 6 7