More progress on the interior

Got even more accomplished today, tinted the side windows with 5% tint (it’s pretty dark), completely reassembled the doors, including the inner door panels. They now both close with a reassuring smooth thump and seal nice and tight and sit flush. I also did some light respraying of the passengers side door jamb, to fix some primer overspray and some nicks. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Going back together

Spent the afternoon putting the truck back together. I reassembled the window regulators, installed the latches and exterior handles, as well as all the weatherstripping. I also installed the headlights and parking lamp lenses. I painted the wiper arms as they were faded, and reinstalled them with new wiper blades, as well as reinstalling the windshield trim and seals. Read more
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Transmission Swap

Haven’t had time lately to get much done on Project Sublime, but I have decided to switch to a TH350 transmission instead of the 4L60E trans. The deciding factor was I wasn’t willing to dump 1,800 in to it to make it stout enough down the road when the new engine is built. For now the Th350 will be more than up to the task with a few minor upgrades, and in the future once the power steps up, I will switch it out for a TH400.  
It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn